Tuesday, August 18, 2009

River fun

Yesterday my sister and brother in law came over and we took nicholas to the river for the first time. After walking through the soccer feild on maple valley hwy to get to the trail that takes us to the river, we entered the trail i turned around and was walking backwards and i heard something so i turned and looks and a female deer pounced right there in front of my face SO close to me if i would have taken maybe 5 more steps she would have ran me over! and no my camera wasnt out and ready!

We continued on and got down to the river and Nicholas LOVED it!! The water was FREEZING! But my lil guy didnt care even when he fell in and it went up to his tummy, nope he stood right up and stayed standing in the river. We were in a spot that branched off and it was calm and shallow for him to play. he had a blast just standing in that freezing cold water and then on the edge of the water in the rocks, he threw rock after rock after rock into the water non stop fun for him. he picked up some pretty big rocks too.

Soon it was time to go, now the dilema, ok the way we got down to the river was a spot that isnt as easy to climb up, and we had to walk through thigh deep water to get to this spot so going back through this freezing river was not looking good. So we looked for a new way out. My brother in law found a big fallen tree and decided to take that back however it was too narrow and risky to take nicholas over, so i see a piece of land that had been washed away and the plastic under the ground was hanging and below that were roots a bunch of root, so i tell my personal training sister to climb it like a ladder, this spot was also just like a wall straight up no slant. Then i handed Nicholas up to her along with the diaper bag and my camera. now its my turn. can i climb this wall? yes i climb up i get to where i cant step on any more roots, i'm not as flexable as my sister so i cant swing my leg up onto the top. solution she grabs my hands and pulls. ok i can get my knee up now at this point we are laughing trying to get me to the top, i put my right hand down to push and what to u know it went right into sticker bushes! "OUCH" oh well i can move or i'll fall so i take the pain. ok she pulls more and i push and climb and i am at the top, sweet not as hard as we thought :-) my leg is nice and scratched up i have some stickers in my hand my sis got out for me, thank you sis. and we are good to go.

What a fun day at the river!!




























No comments:

Post a Comment